Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sunday Supper- Potato Salad...the right way!

(Note: I do not write or create these on Sunday, but everybody needs a good southern Sunday supper dish).
I have a lot of hungry people in my house.  The babies cry for food all day, I feel like I'm shoveling food into them from the time their feet hit the floor in the morning until they are bedded down for the night.  Thus, I cook in large portion sizes. 
I just hate those recipes that say cook a whole chicken, then use 1/3 for tonight's dinner, and save the rest to eat on in recipes for the rest of the week....I have to cook two of those chickens for tonight, there are no left overs.
I like a recipe that I can make in larger quantity, that keeps well in the fridge, and that is a little indulgent on the weekend.  Potato salad is one of those yummy recipes.  Come on now, you know you love a good "tater salad" beside your spring/summer dishes. 
In my 31 years of existence, I've tried a few potato salads, and let me tell you this to be fact...potato salad should be yellow! 
Mustard people, you need mustard in your potato salad, it's necessary. 
This is not a fancy potato salad recipe, it's yummy, it's yellow, it's large in quantity.  'Nuff said.
Southern Potato Salad
Ingredients:
7-10 cubed potatoes cooked to soft (not mushy)
1/2 large onion minced
1/4 c pickle relish (I like dill but you could go sweet)
3 TBS of yellow mustard (or more if you like it tangy)
1 cup of mayo (you can easily make your own here or use store bought)
4 hard boiled eggs (thank you chickens for laying a bunch of eggs today)
salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
Mix all of this together in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to eat. 
Now see, that is just too easy for words.  Add this to the side of your BBQ Ribs, steamed broccoli, and a biscuit....Mmmm!
Eat up ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment